Friday, December 5, 2008

Elton John

I went to see Elton John last night. I booked the tickets about 6 months ago and so me and my friend had great seats right in front of the stage, on the grandstand 7 rows up. Perfect.

The warm up band was brilliant. A guy namned Jamie Lidell and his band. Really really good and I am so ordering their CDs as soon as I get my next wage packet.

Then Elton entered the stage. A little round, aging man with big feet and a very 80's hairstyle. I felt a bit sorry for him. Almost looked lost on that big sparkly stage.

But then he began singing. And lord oh mighty can that man sing! I had goosebumps and my friend cried with joy. He is not just a little round aging man - he is a fantastic musician and entertainer.

I loved every minute of the concert. And that says a lot for someone who can't stand Elton John songs on the radio!!

I went to bed last night after the concert with the feeling of someone tucking fluffy cotton wool all around my heart. Just what the doctor ordered - what a feel good experience!