Wednesday, November 12, 2008

madness on the subway

What a productive day!

I got up early and went straight to pick up a baby pram that I bought on eBay for next to nothing. It took me an hour there and back, and back home again I had a lovely breakfast with two cats on my shoulders.

Then I started chasing the handy man who promised to come last Thursday. And then last Friday. And when he still hadn't showed up he promised to come on Monday. But he didn't...

... Needless to say this man hasn't met me. If he had, he would be very aware that I do not take no for an answer, and kind of enjoy fighting for my rights. And so today I tracked him down after a numerous amount of phone calls, and after a couple of hours he stood outside my front door and apologized for the "misunderstanding" and that I have had to wait for him.

Another hour later and he had fixed my bathroom pipes, gotten me a bedroom door (which was previously missing) and done quite a few jobs around the house. I was happy.

Came 3 o'clock I took the baby pram and went into town. Needless to say I was given a few strange looks for wheeling around an empty pram, and quite frankly I felt a bit stupid too. But there was a reason for it, you see:

I bought a telly on eBay too - for £5 (alltsÃ¥ 50.-), and without the pram I wouldn't have managed to get the thing home. And so I plonked the telly in the pram, plonked a few shopping bags underneath it and then hung a chassis on the side of the pram and started my journey home.

Oh my god, is all I can say. Rush hour. On the subway. And Dana with a humongous tv balancing badly in a humoungus baby pram. I felt such an idiot. And it was heavy. Oh and did I mention it was humongous?!

Ha ha, I managed to get home with all my newly invested belongings. Now I have a telly for the bedroom and a baby pram for transporting the cats easy. Great! What a productive day!