Friday, February 6, 2009

the mobile phone saga

Last November I bought a new mobile phone.

A while later 2 buttons broke so I handed it in to be repaired. The warranty covered it. Fine.

Then another 2 buttons broke. I handed it in to be repaired. The warranty covered it. But when I got it back it started to switch itself off about 5 minutes into a phone call. I handed it in to be fixed and again the warranty covered it.

Then - that horrid night (read this blog to refresh your mind) when the mobile phone died I just gave up. So after Christmas I handed it in yet again and asked to have a new mobile phone as I clearly had bought a faulty product.

They said that they would sort out a new mobile phone for me, but it could take about 2 weeks. They were going to phone me when I could collect my new phone.

Two weeks later I started phoning them. Phoned at least once a day for over 14 days without getting through ("sory we can't take your call at the moment. Please try again later")

Yesterday I managed to get through - told them I had been promised to have a new mobile phone three weeks ago, and why hadn't they phoned me?!

The guy said "please hold.." whereas I interupted him and screamed "don't you dare put me on hold - sort it out now!" I was livid. Poor bloke. Probably scared him to death. The guy spoke to his manager and I was promised I could collect my new mobile phone today.

Today I got there, handed in all my papers at the refund till, got a reciept of some sort and sent off to collect my new phone by the department in question. They had run out of my model.

I was nearly in tears. I just wanted a god damn phone - and the same one that I had before, not a funky, teenagy one they tried to give me instead. I asked them for a cash refund instead. The sales assistant probably saw my despair and teary look, because he took me slightly aside and handed me a little piece of paper:

"I'm not supposed to recommend cutomers to go elsewhere, but this website sell your mobile phone for half our price. Order one from there" he said.

And so I have done just now! And saved myself shit loads of money! Now I just hope the phone doesn't get lost in the post... Would be just my luck.