Sunday, February 1, 2009

lovely morning

I woke up at 7 am because Tylor scratched the shit out of my wardrobe door. It's a habbit I don't think I'll ever get him to stop doing, but at least now I know how to handle it.

Things that DON'T work:
  • get off spray (he likes it)
  • spray him with water (he finds it funny)
  • throw a slipper/pillow at him (he just sits and waits until I've run out of things to throw, then start again)
  • Lock him in a seperate room (he scratches on that door instead)

However, things that does work:

  • Lift the corner of my duvet up and call his name. He comes flying under the duvet and puuuuuurrrrsss and dribbles.

I'e. he just wants some good oldfashioned attention, bless him.

So, this morning he jumped into bed with me and Kif and had a good cuddle before I drifted off to sleep again. A few hours later I woke up with a severe pain in my back. I tried to move but couldn't. It felt like someone was pinning me down on the bed, and for a split second I paniced. Then I realized what it was:

Kif and Tylor were both cuddled up in a pile ON my back. Of course UNDER the duvet, which they had managed to wrap us up in like a cocoon. They aren't small cats. They sure aren't skinny and I tried to shake them off me. They purred.

I tried to wriggle out of the snakeskinwrapped duvet. They purred.

They are lovely. They really are. It is impossible to be in a bad mood when woken up by all this purring and cuddling. Unfortunally it is just as impossible to get out of bed when they are like that, so now I'm running late for work and have to get a move on! :-)