Saturday, February 21, 2009

down under

Last night my friend and I went to see Australia at the pictures.

As much as I had wanted to see it I dreaded the fact that it is nearly three hours long. But it was sooooo worth it! A perfect Friday movie - I had a few "have-to-close-my-eyes-cause-it's-getting-too-scary"-moments, lots of laughs and shedded quite a few tears too.

Then we went back to mine, and on the way picked up a greek take away which was lovely.

Funnily enough watching the movie made me think about my time in Australia. I never had a chance to actually SEE the country. I studied, met people, was out and about in Sydney and the Blue mountains... I spent many months there, but never once had the opportunity to feel and breathe the country.

I would love to go back on my own terms and conditions. Just explore without having medical exams hanging over me, without a student's empty purse and without the broken heart I suffered so badly from whilst there.

I've been looking through my photoalbum from my time in Australia tonight. I haven't looked in it for over a year. As bad as my time there was I am forever grateful that I got to meet such wonderful people.

You know who you are. Thank you for everything!