Wednesday, July 2, 2008

night time is sleep time

Just home from work. It's 9 am and I just finished. It's just not right... Working nights I mean!

You see, I messed the staff rotas up a bit, and forgot to find sometone to work nights this week. I thought I'd do them myself instead of trying to find another member of staff to cover them. I thought I'd be a good idea for me to see for myself what my staff have to do during a night shift.

The first night was blissful. It was quiet - all our patients were sound alseep. I cleaned cupboards. I tidied up folders, maps, instruction books and god knows what. I wrote all bills for the whole month. I planned the rotas until October. And all of a sudden it was morning and time to go home. Piece of cake - and what an amazingly productive night too!

Tonight was boring. There were no bills to write, no rotas to do. The cupboards were very neat and tidy indeed so I decided to clean the bathrooms. And the staff room. I rearranged the office. Cleaned a bit more. And then googled just about everything I could think of, checked out the auctions on eBay and ordered medical supplies for a lifetime...

Now I'm tired. I need to go to sleep but the sun is shining and I want to go outside and tan. But I can't as I'm working tonight as well...

Well, it's been a good experience. But the next time I mess the rotas up I won't be doing the shifts myself that's for sure. Night time is for sleeping. At least for me.