Monday, July 21, 2008

another one of those chain letters

Five things on my to-do-list today?

Bake blueberry muffins

Make a Spinach and cheese quiche

Do my laundry

Paint my toenails

Water my plants


What did I do 10 years ago?

Hmmm… Anyone who knows me knows I have no idea what year I did what or even what country I was living in. I can’t even remember what year I graduated!!! But I’ll give it a go…

1998… I lived in Jersey and think I had moved in to The Windmill Cottage with Nick. Or perhaps we were still living with his parents (jeez, that was a traumatic exterience and tought me a valuable lesson about mother-in-laws!)

I worked at Les Amis inc. and it might have been the year we spent the winter in Madeira. Or it was the year we trekked around Ireland


Places I have lived in?

I have moved 27 times so far. Another move is on the way… So I won’t bother listing them here. Countries are Sweden, Jersey, Australia and briefly Madeira and Finland. Some of the most memorable are:

Hawthorn, Jersey (fire jugglers in the backyard and loads of people all over the house most days and nights. I loved it!)

Hawkesbury, Australia (who was that weird guy who insisted on sleeping outside my bedroom door? Brendan something…?) I loved the evening ciggies and a beer on the patio with Fret.

Jardim do Mar, Madeira. Bed bugs, spiders and god knows all the creepy crawlies, but Maria Dora and the other old people who looked after me and gave me avocadoes and oranges – wonderful!


Five things I would do if I was a billionaire?

Pay off my student loans

Get a Swedish drivers license and tell the Swedish MOT office to stick their stupid rules up their arses

Buy a Mini Mayfair (the old proper one, with a union Jack on the roof)

Buy a flat in Sweden and a cottage in Jersey