Sunday, July 6, 2008

And so we were three

no, not at mine - their old owner's photo from their balcony...

And so now they are here! Tylor (the black one) and Kif (the brownspotted one) arrived today around noon. I picked them up, and they happily jumped into their transport cage and had a little miao in the car just to let me know they were there...

When I went to visit last week Tylor was the one who came up and cuddled straight away. Kif kept his distance and weren't the slightest interested in me.

Once at my place, Tylor checked the place out and went back into his cage. Then he went to my front door and screamed. And to the window and screamed. He wouldn't let me hold him for long, but was a restless soul, bless him. Kif, on the other hand, checked things out, jumped up on my shoulder and then into my laundry basket where he looked happy and content.

I thought I should let the cats settle in, and so I laid down on my settee and pulled a blanket over me. Kif came up, crawled under the blanket and made himself comfortable in my lap, purring away!

We slept for a good hour. When we woke up Tylor had snuggled up under my duvet in my bed, and finally seemed bit more content with his new surroundings. What a relief! I got a bit worried for a while...

Now it's gone midnight. Kif has helped me write on the computer, walking across the keybord and giving me cuddle after cuddle, washing my hair and purrrrrrrrring. Tylor has helped me make a couple of loafs of bread - sitting by the sink in the kitchen and making sure I did everything right. Now, finally, Tylor is lying next to me purring.

I think this will be fine. I really hope so.