Thursday, July 10, 2008

insomnia

It's gone half past two. I'm wide awake. The cats are curled up and have been fast asleep for the last 4 hours.

I'm tired but can't go to sleep. My brain is working overtime I think.

Today a guy came to look at my flat. I checked his out last week and fell in love with it. He wants a smaller place and I want a larger place, hence a swop between us seemed ideal. He turned up at 4 pm. Looked around and said encouraging things like "this is a nice bathroom" and "perfect size for me", but my gut feeling told me he didn't like my place.

As he left he said he'd think about it and MAYBE call me next week. Hmmm... I guess he was just being polite - I reckon I'll never hear from him again.

I really, really, rally want to move... I want a big kitchen. A balcony. Not too much to ask, I think, at the age of 33?