Thursday, August 12, 2010

farmlife

I've been looking after my sister's farm for a week. It's a wonderful farm full of wonderful creatures. Well, some not-so-wonderful creatures as well: mosquitoes, flies, ticks, snakes and all that jazz, but wonderful animals living there too, as I said...
The hens and the cock didn't like me at all at first, but after a couple of days of bribing them with breadcrumbs I befriended the cock who followed me around whenever I was outdoors.

The farm cat is one of the nicest cats I've ever met. His name is Elis Karlsson and despite being a world class hunter, he is also a world class Bon Vivant! Gorgeous Elis has cuddled and purred...

"Please stroke me! Please tickle my chin!"

The horses are just as friendly. Not to mention their friendliness when I brought them apples and carrots!

"Stay where you are! We're coming! You are bringing food, aren't you?!"

The only animals I didn't seem to bond with were the sheep. They couldn't care less of my extistance, and I think they even started to dislike me after I tried to feed them bananas one day. Note to self: sheep do not like bananas.
"yuk! That's disguisting!"