Friday, August 20, 2010

adding pattern and pizzazz to fabric stools

I found two beige cube stools for a great price and couldn't resist purchasing them. Unfortunately the beige was anything but exciting in my foyer. So I decided to reupholster them. It ended up being really easy. Here’s how simple it was to turn these stools from blah to fabulous!

All I used was fabric, scissors, a measuring tape, a staple gun, finishing nails and patience! Instead of sourcing fabric I picked up an outdoor curtain panel on clearance. I knew I wanted to use these stools by the front entrance so a durable outdoor fabric was the perfect solution.





Tip: In places where the staples weren't long enough to hold the fabric, like corners where the fabric was thicker, I used finishing nails. Finishing nails are also helpful near the end to pull the fabric tight in places where you have ripples.



Tip: Cutting excess fabric on the corners will allow you to fold the fabric into tight, neat seams.

The finished product....