Wednesday, June 9, 2010

worknight wine

I went to see my friend tonight after work. We hardly ever get a chance to catch up due to completely different work hours/lives in general, and tonight was no different really...

... I got stuck late at work. Got to hers even later. She gave the kids a bath whilst I had something to eat in her kitchen. It got really late by the time she'd put the kids to bed and I was ready to head back home and my friend ready for bed herself.

But then she offered me a glass of wine. And we talked. And another glass of wine was served. Her husband came hom and joined us for a glass of wine. And we talked.

In the end I didn't leave until nearly midnight. I will be knackered tomorrow. And I drank wine on a work night. But it was such a lovely evening I hope I get a chance to do it again rather soon!