Saturday, June 5, 2010

Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2010 (Day 1 & 2)

It has been a week since fashion week ended and I know, I'm too late to blog about this. Well, my photos were all mixed up so I dunno how to start this.

So there, I attended fashion week for I was covering it for a magazine. And for that I am either on the front row or second row! Bongga! Kalevel lang nila Liz Uy at Daryl Chang ang drama! char! haha!

Note: I am going to blog only those collections that I really like (and the shows that I attended for I missed some shows). And sorry for the crappy shots, I was trying to enjoy the shows. hahaha.

First Day
For the first show, Vision and Trends, I came late and the venue was jampacked, the show was featuring 15 designers, so I ended up being with the photographers. Urgh.

Patrick Galang's Collection was in full black of different fabrics. He used leather to give the collection an edgy and modern feel but to make it more feminine, he also used some touches of lace and sheer fabrics. 
Norman Noriega's collection was very minimalist in style with a very monochromatic tone. I love how the cuts are, making the clothes so loose that you can comfortably move with it.
 Enrico Carado presented a modern yet very tribal collection full of studs with some sheer fabrics. Shades of brown, black and gold dominates this collection.
After Visions and Trends, the next show was SM Department Store's! In fairness, the store's clothes are really progressing in terms of their designs. Thanks to their new head stylist Levenzon Rodriguez. I had a little a chat with him before the show and he was really nice (and cute too. lol).

Second Day
The highlight of this day's shows were Bang Pineda and Tina Daniac's collections. But before that let me share to you some collections that I like.

Alodia Cecilia
Kristel Yulo
Veejay Floresca
Bang Pineda takes fashion into a whole new level as he runs after and the essays the secret life of an assasin with his entire new collection...Damaged.
Tina Daniac's show was awesome! The models came out one-by-one lip synching the song "Loving You." It was so fun to watch them yet so dramatic! 
Wilma Doesnt comes out and cancels the previous mood completely. The music being conducted by Robby Carmona wraps me in veins that throb and pulsate until they cover my eyes to see things differently. I forget about fashion. I forget about music. I forget about where and what. It's the perfect marriage - styling, art, music, models, clothes, current emotions and circumstances. I'm getting so lost in the moment that the only natural thing to do is cry. - Jujiin Samonte
Tina Danica collaborated with our National Artist for Visual Arts (Painting) Ben Cab for this collection. Tina particularly used the maestro's painting series called Sabel as her inspiration.