Sunday, June 20, 2010

diet and beer

My friend and I have this deal about dieting together. Every Friday morning we jump on the scales to see if we've lost/gained weight or simply stayed the same as the previous week.

To minimize the chance of cheating (which, I will admit, I would very much like to do!) I take a close up photo of my feet on the scales with my mobile phone and send her the picture. And she does the same to me.

The deal is: if one haven't lost any weight during the week in question one will have to pay 100.- to a kitty (which will then be used at the end of the year for a big night out).  And so far so good. I haven't had to pay up any money for three weeks. Next Friday I'm not so sure I'll get away with yet another pay-free week though. Rarely before have I drank so much beer. Eaten so much crap. And the days ahead seem to be following that rather unhealthy, if very nice, pattern.

How do people find that happy medium? I don't think I ever have or ever will. I'm either exercising like mad or not at all. Either partying like a lunatic or not at all. Either eating shitloads or not at all. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this little dieting competition works out. It would certainly be nice to be able to squeeze into a bikini whilst in Orlando in January. But if not I guess I could always sit by the pool sipping coctails. So it's not the end of the world. At least I keep telling myself just that...