Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the kidnapping

Last weekend we kidnapped my brother and his wife.

"We" in this story are myself and Lisa, who were the witnessess at my brother and his wife's wedding ceremony. And the reason for the kidnapping were in fact that they celebrated their one year wedding anniversery.

And what a party! We managed to arrange for us to be with the lovely Ann in her allotment garden, where we more or less reinacted the ceremony party last year. Down to the same food and drinks. It was such a lovely evening, such lovely people and so many laughs. My brother and his wife were totally clueless about hte party, which gave the whole thing an extra twist. It was fab to see their faces when we said "right, get dressed, the taxi is here in 20 minutes, and we're off to have a party in your honour!"

Needless to say it was more or less morning until I rolled into bed, and the following day was spent curing my headache. But boy it was worth it. How I love these people.

The Mojito toast for the couple in question.


the party planners


And we stayed put talking and drinking all night long. Best night out I've had in about a year! And hopefully we'll get a chance to do it next year too. "Same procedure as last year!"