Friday, March 5, 2010

how others see me

My multi talented friend Brian made an illustration about me the other day. It really made me giggle, and cheered me up in the midst of a really bad day. In the 17 years I've known this man, he's always been there for me. Whilst at uni in Sweden he used to phone me (as I couldn't afford phoning the UK myself), and I'd say "talk to me" as I cried in his ear. And he did. Few people have put up with me as much as Brian. Anyway, I shan't go all soppy here - it'll have to do with a photo of the two of us on my 29th birthday:



The story behind Bri's little cartoon might need explaining for those of you who doesn't know my boys and me:

The boys (i.e. the cats) have a bad habit of using my boobs as a place to sit on, jump on and sleep on. As nice as it might be for them it is rather uncomfortable for me. I was telling Brian the other day that I wish they'd stop jumping on my boobs as it hurts and surely doesn't do much for their perkiness either... :-) But as I let them do pretty much anything they want - they are my babies after all - the hurting continues...