Sunday, March 14, 2010

Donna kebab

On my way home the other night I decided to stop off somewhere and grab something to eat. The food court in a market is lovely and cheap, and so I headed in that direction thinking a Döner Kebab would be nice.

As I ordered my kebab I noticed the seating area was full of men. Not one single female in sight. Not one blonde person in sight either, for that matter. I giggled a little to myself and remembered how a friend of mine in Jersey used to call me Donna Dana Kebab. And Donna Kebab was exactly what I was in there. All eyes were on me from the waiters and I felt waited on like a primadonna.

After my lovely Kebab I got on the train back home. It was rush hour and the train was mobbed - just as it always is certain times in the day. A guy in his mid 20's were sitting with his friends; locked eyes with me and stood up and offered me his seat. "Would madam like to sit?" he asked me, and I felt like a Donna once again. A very old Donna...