Tuesday, December 1, 2009

oh, the irony of it all

I didn't have any lunch today. This resulted in being starving by the time I finished work today... And we all know what happens when you're starving and stop by the shop to pick up some groceries, don't we?

... Yes, I ended up buying a huge bag of crisps, a bar of chocolate and a bag of sweets on top of the milk and bread that I originally went in to buy.

On my way home I remembered I should really join that gym I've been thinking about for a couple of months now. I popped in and signed the form. My shopping bag full of sweets stood out like a sore thum, and I was quite embarrassed about it as the receptionist took a glance at it.

Then it came to paying the membership. I gave her my credit card. She apologized and said they didn't take cards, but that there was a hole-in-the-wall two blocks away. I sighed and said "oh, I can't be bothered to walk that far!" The receptionist gave me a little smile, looked at my grocery bag yet again and said "let's start the exercise regime with that little walk shall we?"

And I did. Embarressed and realizing it is time to start living a bit healthier for sure.