Monday, December 7, 2009

I blew a fuse

Yesterday I tried to connect a lamp to my new socket in the ceiling. To do so I had to rewire the lamp, which resulted in me blowing the whole fuse box...

... Great. I phoned my dad who talked me through what to do, and after putting in new fuses things started working again. Strangely, my radio in the kitchen started playing as I added the fuse, even though the radio was turned off.

I went to turn it off. It wouldn't. I unplugged the whole thing and plugged it in again in hope that it would work accordingly. It didn't. I pressed the "on/off" button several times, but the radio kept on playing! Weird.

I gave it a couple of good bangs with my fist and eventually it switched itself off.

Then, at 4 am this morning, I woke up by the radio in the kitchen playing again!!! I couldn't believe it. Either the fuse-blow has made my radio brain damaged or I have a ghost in the flat. A ghost would be nicer, but I guess I've brain damaged the damn thing.