Sunday, November 1, 2009

country air

This weekend was spent on a farm quite a few miles north of Stockholm. Me and my three "sisters" (don't ask - it's a long story and we're not related at all really) decided to have a get together-weekend on one of my sister's farm.

I was full of cold on my arrival. A high temperature, aching muscles, snotty nose, sore throat and the whole palaver. But soooooo well worth it! It was a lovely weekend, and the countryside air must've done me good as I feel more or less fine today.

The weekend was filled with good food, good wine, lovely animals, leisurely strolls in the woods and plenty of rest. We tagged a couple of lambs, picked loads and loads of chanterelles and cuddled horses, dogs and cats. Just what the doctor ordered!

I will be so kind and share the recipies from our 4 course Saturday dinner with you another day. Tonight I will love you and leave you with a couple of pictures from the fabulous farm.



the latest fashion - yellow tags in both ears


The biggest chanterelle I found. Isn't it amazing?!


Have you EVER seen so many chantarelles?! We picked 8 kilos!