Tuesday, April 21, 2009

poo and pooped

Saturday I got back my dodgy tummy, which has been going on since before my trip to China. I will spare you the details, but the title says it all. And the colour of this text.

By yesterday it had gotten so severe, plus I was exhausted after not eating anything, I decided to visit the doctor.
.
the dr: have you been abroad?
me: yes, but my problems started before my trip!
the dr: but the symtoms got worse abroad, yes?
me: no, it got better in China and worse once back home.

I tried to explain my symtoms are exactly like they were the time I had salmonella in Bolivia.
.
the dr: have you been eating chicken?
me: well... Yes? I eat chicken about 3 times a week?
the dr: oh. Had you been eating chicken just before your symtoms started?
me: probably. I eat chicken 3 times a week and this was about 4 weeks ago...

Then she told me to wash my hands after going to the toilet ("oh really??"). To avoid milk products (I avoid all foods at the moment).

She asked me to lie down so she could feel my stomach. The pain was unbelievable.

the dr: Oh is that sore? That's your large intestine. If it's that sore it's inflamed.

Finally she took some blood samples and checked my fluid levels, established the fact that I indeed was quite poorly and sent me on for further tests. "To check what I'd picked up in China".

Jeez.