Wednesday, April 29, 2009

balcony business

The cats are loving the warm weather and sunbathing on the balcony. I have put Kif's favourite basket outside, and one of Tylor's favourite blankets too.

Last week I headed to IKEA as I wanted some more bits and bobs for the balcony area, but still thought something was missing.

During a looooovely lunch at my friend's house today, my friend told me about this sale in a shop nearby. So on my way home I stopped off by the shop and had a look. I didn't find anything that took my fancy. However, walking to the bus stop to go home, I passed a florist's. Outside their shop was loads of plants on sale for the garden/balcony, and I bought a few:
2 tomato plants
1 rosemary plant
1 honey plant
3 wild strawberry plants

I have also bought a solar cell lamp (seen in the right hand corner above the table) and put down the very expensive woolen rug that the cats have ruined by sharpen their claws on it. On the balcony floor it doesn't look too bad, actually.
Looking pretty OK, eh?!