Saturday, April 25, 2009

party hair!


Yesterday I woke up late. Had a lazy breakfast on the balcony with the cats. Decided to clean up a bit of the mess from changing the floors... Pottered around for a bit.

Then I jumped into the shower. Despite my disguitingly dirty hair I put a shower cap on, as I was due an appointment at the hair dressers. With a little help from a hair band and lots of dry schampoo I managed to venture into town without being too embarrassed about my filthy hair.

I went to get a bottle a wine. Bought a new pair of shoes. And then headed to the hairdressers.

- I've got an appointment with Mia at 4.45, I told the receptionist.
-No, you haven't? she said, sounding a bit confused.
-Yes, I do, I insisted. I booked it last Monday.
-Well, I'm sorry, you're not written down here. Perhaps you forgot to tell us who you wanted to book with? she tried.

It was quite obvious she didn't know me. Knew nothing about my super-scary memory. I quoted the whole phone conversation I'd had with her a few days ago. Word by word. She looked a bit baffled as she was flicking through her book to see if she'd written my name somewhere.

-Oh, she said, relieved, you're booked with Wendy!
-Well, I do not cut my hair at Wendy's, I told her, Mia is my hairdresser.

She looked at me, giving me a "stop being so bloody awkward" look. I looked back. I told her I was going straight from the hairdressers to a dinner party, and needed my hair styled at least. Could this Wendy wash and blow dry?

And this Wendy could, according to the receptionist. For the same price as if she'd cut and blow dried my hair!!

I told her it was a rip off and she could shove it up her rectum and walked off. I was fuming. And dirty. And on my way to a dinner party looking like a birds nest in my head. I decided to go back home and sulk for the rest of the evening.

As I walked towards the station I saw a Hairdressing drop in. And they washed my hair, made it look lovely!

I went to the dinnerparty. Drank wine. Had a lovely time. Went dancing in a night club. And my hair looked fab all evening!