Sunday, August 2, 2009

Niko Bellic In iPod Touch

One bright young illustrator from Germany decided to use his beloved iPod Touch for something creative. After combining his artistic personality with his love of GTA IV, he came up with an incredible portrait of gagster from Serbia, Niko Bellic.


David Müller was using his iPod Touch to make art for some time now, and it’s unbelievable what can be done on a new generation mobile phones these days. I personally never thought that multimedia device could be used to make such magnificent art. I would advice everyone to check David Müller’s gallery blog to see more of his latest creations. Here are some comments from the artist himself:
A little fanart I did today, again on my iPod Touch using "brushes" and my left forefinger tip. Allow me to introduce ... Niko Bellic, an illegal immigrant and veteran. Put simply, GTA IV is still stunning! Hope you like my version of that caustic Serb - a sketch has long been overdue.

Just to complete it, here's a little description for you: I tried to capture a mood that fits to him - there's a reason for B/W (morally he's already dead - war and the mob-life ruined his humanly), his look (he's forearmed and got a freezing ice-cold intend), and for the threatening clouds and red/purple skyline (not only the sun is going down, the big city also dies with him "onboard"!).
Source: kopfstoff.blogspot.com