Wednesday, March 18, 2009

tools for life

Today I have been given tools for life. Honestly.

I attended a course about Participation. Or, more precisely, how to get your staff more involved in work, and how to give them chances to participate in all sides of our job.

I have to say it was one of the better courses I've been to. Not because I haven't before heard how to (because I have been to plenty of those courses), but because today I really understood why and in how different levels of participation can be used as a tool of cooperation just as much as the opposite.

And somewhere during the day I drifted off, thinking about these tools for making people participating... They can be used everywhere. Not just in workplaces or getting civilians interested in politics etc etc... No, these are tools that could come in handy everywhere:

getting on with one's family (which I do anyway, but just an example)
dealing with a tricky salesman
in relationships with one's partner or friends

The list could be made endless. And I went home after todays course with a feeling of having found the holy grail. And in an instant I felt like I've got more to give at work yet again.

Amazing what a little lectures and seminars can do.