Sunday, January 30, 2011

IDS11

What can I say? IDS11 was all I hoped it would be! I attended last year's show
and I must say, this year it seemed a whole lot busier. I'm anxious to hear if they
had increased attendance because it sure felt like it. My highlight? Suzanne Dimma
and Tommy Smythe! Tommy was so entertaining and while I've heard Suzanne
speak before, this was my first Tommy experience. They complimented each
other very well! I loved all the insider design "tricks" they shared as they went
through several slides of beautiful rooms. I was excited to see many of the same
rooms that I've profiled on my blog!

My other highlight was definitely the Sibling Revelry spaces. I snapped a few
photos to share below. I knew my favourite would be Sarah Richardson and
her brother Theo's designs but a very close second was David and Glenn Dixon's
space. I actually had the opportunity to speak with them and had to compliment
the brothers on their 1,000 paper cranes that were floating from the ceiling. It was
stunning and definitely had a major impact on their room. I've included a picture
below, along with some of my other favourite sites from the show. Enjoy!

warning- these are blackberry photos so don't judge the quality

Glenn and David Dixon

Glenn and David Dixon- beautiful l paper cranes

Sarah and Theo Richardson


Sarah and Theo Richardson

I loved all the hits of blue on the desk.

Sarah and Theo Richardson- a classic Sarah headboard!


I love the mix of the rustic table and classic chandelier


I took this photo to show off the herringbone design that I saw everywhere.
From wood floors to tiles, this seemed to be the 'it' pattern. I love it!
What do you think?