Saturday, September 18, 2010

yummy yummy for your tummy

The other day I found a dirt cheap piece of pork tenderloin in the shop. Didn't really have any inspiration to do anything with it that same night, but last night I bought some goodies and felt an urge of experiment coming on. And boy did it turn out nice!

So here goes:

- slice the tenderloin lengthwise, almost all the way through. Fold it open and smash it a bit (I used a rolling pin) to make it flat as a pancake (but not as thin...).

- salt and pepper the meat.

- Slice a piece of Gorgonzola cheese and spread it out all over the meat.

- Chop up some fresh chantarelles and sprinkle it over the cheese.

- Roll up the meat like a Swiss roll. I used a piece of string to tie the roll together, so all the goodness would stay inside the roll whilst cooking.

I placed the meat roll in a greased, ovenproof tray, stuck it in the oven on 200 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then I poured a creambased chantarelle sauce over the meat and left it in the oven for another 10 minutes, et voila - heavenly delicious!

I sliced the meat in appox. 5 cm slices and served with potatoe wedges and an avodado, red onion and tomatoe salad.

Give it a go. You won't regret it!