Wednesday, October 21, 2009

sugar rush

I have stopped buying sweets, cakes and ice cream, and it's by far the hardest thing I've done.

Every visit at the shop I walk pass the ice cream department thinking "but I deserve an ice cream today". The thing is, an ice cream in my world equals a whole tub. At least a litre, which I used to eat every night. And so I tell myself that I've turned into a fat bastard and only have myself to blame for it and walk on. To the bread department.

At the bread department I stop and drool. "But a bag of cinnamon buns isn't too bad" I think, before remembering I would eat the whole bag in one go.

And so it goes on. So far I've been good for 4 weeks and only bought sweets once. The first week without a hefty sugar rush every evening was pure torture - I emptied my cupboards in search of something sweet several times. Now I'm doing OK, but still miss the evening hour in my settee with a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

I'll give it until New Year. If I haven't lost any weight until then I'm going back to Sugarland. Because I love it.