Sunday, July 19, 2009

silence, please!

The past few days have been filled with fun loving people, dinners and drinks and lots of impressions.

My brother, as mentioned previously, got married a few weeks ago. This weekend the bride and groom hosted a wedding party up north, on our dad’s farm. There has been loads of preparation and pottering mixed with plain old hard work.

I haven’t minded one little bit which - quite frankly - is a bit surprising even to myself.

However, the one thing that has been bothering me is the lack of privacy I’ve had to put up with for the past week or so. I’m used to my own space and I like it that way. I’m used to be able to switch my phone off for a few days, decide to see or speak to nobody and spend time with me, myself and I.

I can’t remember who used to call me a social recluse, but someone did once upon a time (quite worried that person was about my “anti social behaviour”). And fair enough, I love the fact that I have the choice of being so. Just as much as the choice of not being so.

During the last few days I’ve met a lot of new people. A lovely bunch of people they were. As in really, genuinely, lovely. But no matter how lovely they all are I am now more than ready to go back to my tranquil flat down south and listen to a bit of silence. And see the boys again, of course. They are missed!