Tuesday, May 1, 2007

DUCK WEEK PART 1: Blathering Blatherskite!

Welcome to the very first Bootleg Sketch Mega-Event(TM): that's right, it's Duck Week(TM)! What does that mean? It means that I'll be drawing ducks this week. Yes, that's right, ducks.

Pencil-Ninja was having a Disney-themed jam over at Deviant Art, and around the same time, old buddy Gavin added in the comments section, "enough with the He-Man! ... [I'm] jonesing for a Disney Afternoon something or other..." On the one hand, the words "enough" and "He-Man" don't make any sense to my brain at all--but on the other hand, I too "jones" for the golden age of the Disney Afternoon. And so, to kill two proverbial birds with one stone, I set my sketch-sights on Fenton Crackshell AKA Gizmo Duck, a later addition to the cast of Ducktales:

click above for larger view

I stuck with my own style and I changed a few details here and there, but this is still a pretty straightforward interpretation. Incidentally, if it's not obvious, Gizmo Duck is supposed to be screeching to a halt. I'm happy with my color selections, though the shading, such as it is, is very basic. The background color was a last minute addition to distinguish Gizmo Duck's white armor from the white background.

Check out the other entries in Pencil-Ninja's jam at this link, and stay tuned for more DUCK WEEK(TM), including a bonus review on Wednesday and another Duck-Sketch on Friday, right here, on this very Blog! BELIEVE IT!