Monday, January 1, 2007

Every Story Has A Bloginning...

HI, KIDS!

It looks like I am going to give the sketchblog thing a shot. According to a somewhat well-known comics-blogger friend of mine, the pressure to post regularly will cause me to be more productive in all aspects of my life. That probably wouldn't hurt.

The plan, for now, is to post two new color sketches a week, roughly on Tuesdays and Fridays. "Bonus" posts of older art will occur from time to time. This blog will be an exercise in quick and regular productivity more than anything else. The subject matter will primarily be fan-art because I find that drawing pre-existing characters is a good way for me to focus on just FINISHING a sketch rather than agonizing over character design or somesuch (but you will see some original stuff from time to time). Oh, and on top of my geeky fan-art, you'll also be graced with an accompanying smart-ass geek-commentary about whatever character I'm drawing. For example, if I were to draw Orko's girlfriend from the old He-Man cartoon, I'd probably have a thing or two to say about it.

Okay. Read on, tune in regularly if you are so inclined, and let me know what you think.

Current Mood: Bloggy.
Listening To: The ultimately pointless pitter patter of my own lonely typing, amidst the stark and bitter silence of a world dying beneath a cold, uncaring sun. Also, the soundtrack to Transformers the Movie is playing in the background.